Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Place


On my way to read and caffeine-ate at my newest, favorite-ist local cafe, bridget, I stumbled upon what appeared to be a sample sale in an adjacent storefront. Upon entering, I found out that it was a "pop-up design collective cum post-modern yard sale."

Hmm. Well, it's a sale being held in an unfinished space, adjacent to bridget (and also curated by one of the owners of the cafe) on the ground floor of an apartment building overlooking the Williamsburg bridge. I found clothing and jewelry created by a variety of independent designers and artists, including Electric Feathers--I bought a dress by the label a few months ago for a wedding.

I purchased a beautiful set of lady-like undergarments from a label called Unforseen Circumstances. A lovely blue bib tank with matching high waisted briefs. The designer said that in the fall the line will be carried by neighborhood shops jumelle and bird. I'll post photos soon!

You can also play ping pong, or enjoy a rainy day summer lemonade.

A Happy Place
@ 26 Broadway - Brooklyn
thru June 21st 12-6

No comments: