Monday, June 22, 2009

CSA today!

Please excuse my blurry photos. I was shaking with happiness while taking them on my phone!

Today was my first CSA pick-up! I was riddled with excitement when I received my share, after a long weekend (and a few months) of looking forward to this day. This is a list of what I received:

1 head red lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
2 white spring onions
1 spring garlic
1 leek
1 bunch red radishes
1 bunch spinach
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch epazote (a spicy green typically used in mexican soups)
1 bunch rosemary
1 pound sugar snap peas
1 bunch mint




So far, I've made myself a dinner salad of romaine lettuce, sliced radish, sliced spring baby onion, sea salt, and a bit of buttermilk ranch dressing. I'm currently researching the proper way to store all of my veggies and figuring out what I'm going to do with them this week! I'm most curious about the epazote, which I've never cooked with before. I've already written down three recipes to try out. I'm also thinking about a rosemary-infused lemonade...

Did I mention that I also got a dozen fresh farm eggs? Woo hoo!!

No comments: