Thursday, June 25, 2009

Garden Crazy

I want to stuff you with cheese and deep-fry you so badly.

On the rainiest day last week, Frank, my boyfriend's father, generously brought me three pickle buckets planted with tomatoes and zucchini that he put together with his own homemade compost. He also gave me a little basil plant. Now I have a Brooklyn-style garden blooming on my fire escape. A few days ago, I noticed the arrival of my first zucchini blossom and yesterday I took a look only to find a buttload of these delicious looking flowers.





In other gardening news, check out my beautiful CSA veggies that have been keeping perfectly in bell jars in my fridge:

From left to right, that's mint, rosemary, cilantro, parsley, and epazote.

For breakfast this morning, I made a lovely scramble with sauteed spinach, spring onion, fennel seeds, parmesan, and sausage. Would post pictures, but they suck.

Lastly, this article in this week's New York about a rooftop garden in Greenpoint got me really pumped up.

No comments: