Monday, October 26, 2009

Simple Chicken, Not-so-Simple Name

Last night, B and I ate a delicious dinner that, with his help, I managed to put together in less than 45 minutes. Feeling still inspired by Julie & Julia and eager to cook up a recipe of hers, I googled "Julia Child chicken" while at the grocery store and chose a recipe I found here for Supremes de Volaille a Blanc, or Chicken Breasts Poached in Butter. This was so easy to make and the pay-off was huge. I'll each chicken breasts every day if they taste like this, and the sauce--whew. I was eating spoonfuls of it before I poured it over the chicken!

We ate this alongside my favorite green beans tossed in a hazelnut-lemon-butter, and a small salad put together with the new Satur Farms Crisp Cut Salad Blend, radishes, scallions, and a Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette. Easy! Worth trying, my friends.

Pre-sauce:


Post-saucing:



We were so stuffed, that we had to forgo dessert (raspberries with whipped cream) for some early rest on the couch!

No comments: