Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Julie & Julia


I finally saw Julie & Julia. I can't believe I hadn't seen it earlier. It was nearly two hours of sheer bliss (except when Julie leaves a stick of butter for Julia a the Smithsonian and says to her photograph "I love you"--could have done without that.) I slipped into Julia's affected speech continuously last night and succumbed to midnight hunger pangs by following her video instructions on how to make the perfect French omelette.

Alas, I was really craving boeuf bourguignon with crusty French bread, but midnight eggs it was. What's fun is that Judith Jones, the original editor of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, was the subject of this past Sunday Magazine's Food section, and the article was accompanied by a small recipe for my craving! I'm very anxious to make it. I think I'm going to start carrying my cookbooks around with me and reading them on the subway--shoulders, take note.

No comments: