Sunday, April 26, 2009

maryam nassir zadeh



Met the lovely owner of this astoundingly put together store this afternoon. I had been in there once before and had raved about it afterwords to my friend Luke, a fashion designer and man of good tastes. He told me that he happened to be friends with the owner. After a late afternoon margarita downtown with a friend, we ventured into this worldly Lower East Side boutique called Maryam Nassir Zadeh. The store features an eclectic and worldly array of items: North African and South American tapestries, Repetto shoes, vintage jewelery, and the latest Rachel Comey and Isabel Marant pieces. With an assortment of potted succulents in the corner and a handpicked arrangement of flea market trinkets on handmade wood tables, how could I not be in love with this store? This is essentially what I want my apartment to look like. It brings a nice wide open, desert-y feel to the industrialism of the city. I'm hunting for similar tapestries to put on my upcoming (hopefully!) handmade wooden bench... but more on that later!





Read more about the store, located on Norfolk between Rivington and Delancey.

No comments: