Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cocktail Revelation

So, this is very bad. I know. Reprimand me if you wish. I threw a party themed "Discover your Cocktail", and even though I thought I was confident in my definite choice of cocktail, now I know I was lying to myself. Seriously, I've had a revelation. Don't be mad at me, be happy for me--I've finally discovered my cocktail!

I've been doing a bit of research on it online, in an attempt to see if it's an already established drink with a touted name. So far, no luck (but if you know it, do tell!) Below is the recipe I've conjured for my ultimate cocktail, my go-to, the one I make for myself after a long day's work. It's kind of like an Old-Fashioned with a kick, or something.

In a short rocks glass over ice, combine:
+1 part whiskey (tonight I'm having Old Overholt, but I usually favor Maker's Mark or Four Roses)
+1 part orange liqueur
+2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
+top with ginger ale

I want to give it a fun name. I know, it should be called the Marina, since it's my drink, I get it. But who's up for some creativity? How about... Sailor's Punch? Teehee. It was just an idea....

No comments: