Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baked Eggs



Meryl came over this afternoon and we made baked eggs for lunch! It was delicious. I was inspired by Miro who informed me of this Ina Garten recipe during our dinner date last night (wherein she executed a perfect buttermilk-dressed Boston lettuce salad with veggies!)


The baked eggs were so quick and easy to make. I can't wait to try them again in different combinations.

I also put together a red beet pesto, which I don't have pictures of, but it was AMAZING! I was inspired by a friend who is the chef at Smith & Mills. He started us off with a red beet pesto bruschetta that surprised me. It was intense, sweet, garlicky, salty, and bright purple! I loved it. I just combined about a cup full of sliced roasted beets, one garlic clove, 3/4 cup Parmesan, olive oil, and a few basil leaves into a food processor, and VOILA! Pictures soon...

No comments: