Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Concerts

Amidst a long, strenuous, and tedious week of work, I found tremendous enjoyment in watching HBO's 25th Anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concerts. Over the course of two days, I sat affixed to the television, mesmerized by gods of modern music, singing along and rewinding to retain the experience over and over again.

#1 - Simon & Garfunkel stun the audience with Bridge Over Troubled Water. This song means the world to me right now. I love these guys.



#2 - Smokey Robinson with Stevie Wonder, The Tracks of My Tears



#3 - Jeff Beck plays A Day in the Life



#4 - All the good vibes brought by Crosby, Stills, & Nash




#5 - The guy I had been waiting for the entire night, my little hero, Paul Simon.




#6 - Bono sings along with Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith on Because the Night. For the first time while watching this, I remembered all the times I sang along to this song as a 6 or 7-year-old in the backseat of a car, as I was being driven to my gymnastics class by an old Russian man.



#7 - U2 & Mick Jagger perform Stuck in a Moment

No comments: