Monday, December 7, 2009

Mystery Team


Last night, while experiencing my first (and hopefully only) bout of this season's winter blues, I headed to meet my boyfriend to see a funny movie and was pleasantly surprised to bump into 10 friends all coming to see the same movie. We laughed, shared popcorn and candy, and they helped give the boot to my moody blues. The movie sure helped, too. We saw a riotous independent comedy from the minds of Derrick Comedy called Mystery Team, an Encyclopedia Brown-type farcical mystery. The film was charming, surprisingly unique, and consistently laugh-out-loud funny. Plus, the team behind the film was present to do a Q&A after the screening and apparently they will be doing this all week long at the Quad Cinema's evening screenings. It will help kick your winter blues, too, I promise.

No comments: