Sunday, December 20, 2009

Good Day/Bad Day

image via flickr

I'm finally finished with the hellish work weeks that I've been trudging through recently. I spent a few days decompressing by going to the gym, playing video games (I'm addicted!) and Yahtzee, and eating food. Had a fun little slumber party on Friday night and made a Cajun-inspired dinner: Afterburners (shrimp stuffed in jalapenos wrapped in bacon served with queso dip) followed by Eula Mae's Short-Rib Jambalaya.



I've already launched into the madness that is holiday gifting. I spent the bulk of yesterday making Sweet Potato and Ricotta Gnocchi to give away, including a midnight re-rolling session to recover smushed gnocchi with Billy. This afternoon I came home with a large load of presents from Barnes & Noble, plus the makings of a Bolognese ragu, which has been simmering on the stove for the past hour. I still have another batch of fresh pasta to make, plus jarring and packaging the foodstuffs, and then I have to throw myself a little wrapping party for all of my purchases. Fun, but equally exhausting. I have three days of newspaper to catch up on and no time to read.

Dear Paul Simon, you get me through most of these hard days.



She said a good day ain't got no rain

She said a bad day's when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been

Am looking forward to giving all these presents to their respective owners. I'm also looking forward to seeing my adoring family at the end of the week, although I'm sad to leave my ticket-less boyfriend behind. Even more so, I'm looking forward to the start of a new, hopefully prosperous, definitely adventurous, brilliant year.

No comments: