Sunday, January 11, 2009

the end of mayle?

a closed chapter
a closed chapter by Bexia

whilst looking at mayle dresses online today (my absolute favorite designer to buy dresses from), i stumbled upon this briefing:
Designer Jane Mayle is closing the doors of her New York boutique and dissolving the brand that has become a Noho institution.

“We knew we didn’t want to reinvest in the neighborhood,” Mayle says. “It prompted me to think hard about where I was in business and where I wanted to go. The industry has changed so much, and the little niche we entered when I started the brand, and the demands in this niche have changed, so I asked myself, ‘Do I want to keep participating?’” Mayle became a favorite ... with celebrities and editors for its beautiful “magpie aesthetic” clothes and unconventional fashion path, relaying on word of mouth rather than runway shows.


Is it weird that I am genuinely upset right now? is this true?

No comments: