Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sugar Snap Pea Salad

I'm back in the swing of things with this season's CSA. I received such a great selection of items the other day, I got bummed that I'll be leaving it for 6 weeks!

I received:
a half dozen farm fresh eggs, some of which I'll soft-boil for breakfast tomorrow.
a bunch of radishes, which I'll probably add to my breakfast with salted, buttered toast
a head of bibb lettuce
a head of red leaf lettuce
a bunch of kale
a bunch of rainbow chard
a bunch of cucumbers
a few zucchini
a bunch of parsley
a pint of sugar snap peas
four pints of cherries
and a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and snap dragons



My boss will be out of town this week and I get to pick up her CSA as well! Eager to see what I'll get!

I made the most delicious salad tonight using some of my sugar snap peas. I actually lifted the recipe from an unforgettable dish I had at Roberta's recently. It's incredibly simple: cooked sugar snap peas with picked onions, topped with mascarpone. I used a lovely, oil-marinated feta that I had at home instead and it worked just as well. I also used this picked onions recipe from David Lebowitz, which was simpler than imagined and left me with a jar of picked onions I'm eager to devour. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo, just scarfed it down. It's really easy to try, though, so just take my word for it.

No comments: