Sunday, June 6, 2010

Recent Cooking

1. Mussels for One by Jennifer of last night's dinner. This was my first time making mussels and they were sumptuous. So much so that I made them twice in one weekend.


2. Spaghetti with Ramp Pesto, Asparagus, and Peas based on the Amateur Gourmet's recipe. Very simple, easy to make, and tasty. The sweetness of the peas is an amazing complement to the garlicky ramp pesto, which may otherwise be overwhelming. I love ramps! Unfortunately, this recipe is strictly seasonal.


3. Grilled Skirt Steak with Artichoke-Potato Hash & Black Olive Aioli from my favorite cookbook of all-time (thus far), Sunday Suppers at Lucques by Suzanne Goin. I've been wanting to make this for nearly a year now. It was incredible and well-worth it.


4. Moroccan Chicken with Carrot-Puree by none other than Suzanne Goin. I found this recipe in Saveur and decided to whip it up for myself one night, so I skipped the carrot puree for the sake of effort. This is one of my favorite new dishes to make. It is incredibly flavorful and complex for how easy it is to prepare. Now that I have a jar of harissa in my fridge, I plan to make it regularly.

No comments: