Sunday, November 15, 2009

Google God

photo via flickr

Sometimes I suffer through bouts of anxiety that feel like little pangs in my heart and stomach. A thought, a phrase, or the sight of something will rub me the wrong way and a domino chain is set off in my head that flashes forward to unpleasantries in the future--things going wrong or not as I hoped. Then I get the pangs. And then I google. Sometimes, its as if google is the closest thing I have to a tangible god. When I'm deep in feeling and questions, looking for some soothing, I type my fears into my trusted google box and come up with something in the vain of answers.

Here are the results of one sporadic, anxiety-driven search:

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained. - Arthur Somers Roche

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. - William Shakespeare

Fear is created not by the world around us, but in the mind, by what we think is going to happen. - Elizabeth Galwain

We need not be afraid of the future, for the future will be in our own hands. - Thomas E. Dewey

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes. - John F. Kennedy

I agree with all you people. Good quotes. I think I feel better now. Thank you, Google God.

No comments: