Thursday, October 23, 2008

if i could have it all...

the walk home from work was nice. i was appreciating being able to leave my coat open and feel the brisk cold air. i also, for the first time, appreciated the season to come when i could smell a hint of winter--of pine trees and that "upstate" smell, and smiled at all the winters to come in log cabins, with fireplaces and friends and family, board games, t.v. sets, and warm nights with cold air.

earlier this afternoon, on my way to work, i found myself drooling over these photos from this article in last week's home design issue of new york magazine. if i could have it all, i would have this californian landscaping in surrounding me in my new york apartment. these photos are from an apartment on lower fifth avenue. what a treasure!



No comments: