Saturday, May 3, 2008

coolio is deep

i have always had an incredible soft spot in my heart for coolio. has anyone listened carefully to gangster's paradise? ever since i first truly listened to this song, i have realized that coolio is a poet...a gangster poet. and now i feel strongly about the pain in a gangster's life. here is the song for you, via youtube. and i'd like to highlight some seriously sad lyrics.



"i'm the kinda g that little homies wanna be like,
on my knees in the night
sayin' prayers in the street light"


"death ain't nothin but a heart beat away
i'm livin life do-or-die, what can i say?
i'm twenty-three now, will i live to see twenty-four
the way things are goin, i don't know."


"they say i gotta learn, but nobody's here to teach me
if they can't understand it, how can they reach me?
i guess they can't, i guess that won't--
i guess they frontin', that why i know my life is out of luck, fool."


what do you think about the gangsta's paradise now?

No comments: